Friday, December 1, 2023
HomeStartupsSweden-Based mostly Stillfront Acquires Teen Patti Creator Moonfrog Labs

Sweden-Based mostly Stillfront Acquires Teen Patti Creator Moonfrog Labs


The acquisition shall be performed in 4 tranches, resulting in a stake takeover

Moonfrog had raised $15 Mn in its Collection A spherical from Tiger World and Sequoia Capital in 2015

The Indian gaming trade grew from $23.5 Bn in FY2014 to $90 Bn in FY2020, as per Inc42 estimates

Sweden-based free-to-play gaming studios Stillfront Group, on Tuesday (February 2), introduced that it’ll purchase Bengaluru-based Moonfrog Labs Personal Restricted, the corporate behind in style video games like Teen Patti Gold, Ludo Membership, Rummy Gold and others.

The acquisition shall be performed in 4 tranches, resulting in a 100% takeover. Within the first section, Stillfront will purchase 91% stake in Moonfrog Labs for a consideration of $90 Mn on a money and debt-free foundation, payable in money. The remaining 9% shall be acquired by a maxim of three extra tranches, collectively known as “Deferred Tranches”.

The closing of the transaction is subjected to customary closing situations and are anticipated to shut by February 26, 2021. The acquisition will assist Stillfront set up a powerful platform to develop organically and thru merger and acquisitions (M&A) within the Indian subcontinent.

“With the acquisition of Moonfrog, Stillfront provides a extremely worthwhile and profitable studio to the group and expands our geographic footprint to the Indian subcontinent, a strategic transfer into one of many fastest-growing cellular recreation markets worldwide,” Stillfront’s CEO Jörgen Larsson stated in a press assertion.

Moonfrog Labs was based in 2013 by Tanay Tayal, Ankit Jain, Kumar Puspesh, Oliver Jones, and Dimpalkumar Maisuriya. The corporate had raised $15 Mn funding in Collection A spherical from Tiger World and Sequoia Capital, again in 2015, to develop video games in new genres.

Moreover Moonfrog’s portfolio of in style video games, Stillfront can be specializing in the corporate’s skilled expertise to construct upon. In the meantime, Moonfrog will achieve entry to “an excellent platform for experience and information sharing that we will leverage and study from, whereas including our personal information and experiences,” the corporate’s cofounder and CEO Tayal added.

The event appears to be an aftermath of the uptick within the gaming and leisure trade has seen throughout the lockdown. Based on the Inc42 Plus’ estimates, the worth of the trade went from $23.5 Bn in FY 2014 to $62 Bn in FY2019, and additional as much as $90 Bn in FY2020 all because of the expansion in buyer engagement.

In the meantime, the general income within the sector is projected to develop by 6.1% within the subsequent 5 years, all because of the enhance it obtained throughout the pandemic.

The Inc42 Plus report additionally reveals that the Indian cellular gaming market is pegged to be at $1.2 Bn by the tip of 2020, ending up on the sixth place globally. India is predicted to be among the many prime 5 markets for cellular gaming, with a consumer base of 326 Mn.




Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments

chiffon dress design in pakistan on Realme 6 Pro Review | NDTV Gadgets 360
You searched for on Realme X50 Pro 5G Review
Telefoane Mobile Ieftine si Accesorii on Oppo Enco Free True Wireless Earphones Review