Phirni is a dish which is easy to adore, it’s a jewel of the North Indian cuisine.
Phirni is basically a creamy milk based dish, it’s an energy food and is possessed with a high protein value. Rice adds to the nutritional value of the dish.
The best part about phirni is that it can be prepared in advance and served as per one’s requirements.
There are many variants to the basic Phirni recipe. When made in a fruity flavor, Phirni has yet another charm. Basically something that takes your guests by a pleasant surprise.
Phirni reminds one of some unique and classy dessert recipes of the old, which are so delicious that they never seem to have lost their charm.
This is a Sitaphal recipe that just can’t go wrong. Let’s check out the recipe for Sitafal Firni.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
1 liter full fat milk
4 tablespoons rice flour
4 to 6 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 cups custard apple (sitafal) pulp, deseeded
We will now prepare Sitaphal Firni
Mix 4 tbsp rice flour in half a cup of milk
Boil 1 liter of full fat milk in a pan.
When it comes to boil, mix the cold rice flour and milk mixture into the hot milk.
Boil it right till the time the rice floor cooks.
When the rice flour is cooked, add sugar to taste.
Put the mixture to cool.
When the mixture comes down to normal room temperature, you will find that it thickens.
Add the custard apple pulp.
Garnish the dish with finely chopped almonds and pistachios, and serve.
Custard Apple Phirni is a delightful dish. Let’s know more about health benefits of Sitaphal.
* Custard apple is rich in vitamin C, which is an antioxidant and helps neutralize free radicals.
* This is high in vitamin A, which makes it good for hair, eyes and a healthy skin.
* With its high magnesium content, custard apple acts as an excellent laxative. This also acts as a protection against heart diseases.
* Some of the other important nutrients present in the delightful fruit are potassium, Vitamin B6 and copper.
* As a rich source of dietary fiber, custard apple helps digest better.
* And being a low fat product, custard apple helps maintain optimum health.
* While it tastes excellent, the paste may be locally applied on boils.
* When unripe, the fruit may be dried and used for treating dysentery.
* While custard apple is useful for treating anaemia, it also serves as an effective expectorant, coolant and stimulant.