- A total of 29 subjects were to be tested, out of which 6 subjects were to be conducted for students of 10th class in North East Delhi.
- CBSE postponed the 12th exam on 18 March, now its 12 papers were to be held from 1 to 15 July.
Jun 25, 2020, 02:21 PM IST
On the remaining examinations for CBSE examinations, the government put forward its case in the Supreme Court, after which the court has pronounced the decision to cancel the exam. Students and parents, along with many states, were also giving their opinion in favor of cancellation of examinations in the growing cases of corona in the country. With the cancellation of examinations, now CBSE students can fall behind by one year and they may get hindered in getting admission in good colleges.
Students can be left behind like this
The 12th board examinations have been completed in around 19 states and union territories of the country. This includes Bihar, Telangana, North, Uttar Pradesh, Kerala, Jharkhand, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh etc.
Now the states in which the examinations have been completed, they will soon start their admission process for admission in colleges and universities. In such a situation, CBSE students can now fall behind due to the cancellation of the CBSE examination.
Students are saying – Situation will be panic
- Student etc. Krishna, who is studying 11th in Noida, says that now students are going to have a lot of trouble, who were going to decide the career direction based on Marx. Those who are already preparing for a competitive exam will not make much difference.
- 12th students preparing for JEE in Indore, Sarvik Maheshwari, said that last year also gave the 12th examination. Took a drop to improve the score. The goal was to score well this time, so that better college can get admission. If general promotion happens, getting admission in better college will be a challenge this year too.
- The final dates have not come for the entrance exam. There is fear that it may be said that after five days, there is an entrance exam. Situation has become panic after the announcement of exact dates. I want to graduate in computer science. The decision is coming at a time when there is not even time to analyze which college will be better for me. The final decision should have taken place in April itself.
- Aruj Khan, 12th student of Bhopal, says that only my business paper was left. Having a general promotion will not directly affect my career plan. Yes, it is definitely that the subject whose paper is left could have been scored. This will adversely affect the final score.
- After the result, I have to take admission in BBA, together I will prepare for CAT. After which one can get admission in IIM after graduation. Those who have to take admission in graduation on the basis of entrance exam, they will not have any special problem. But, for those whose admission will be on the basis of merit, general promotion can cause problems.
Coaching faculty opinion – confidence of students will decrease
Faculty member of Rogan Academy, preparing for CBSE based exam in Bhopal, says that this will reduce the confidence of the students. The number of drop-taking students may increase if general promotion takes place. A student who works hard, after the result comes, his confidence in his career increases.
DU cutoff list will be released only after CBSE result
In fact, due to the cancellation of examinations, many CBSE students may have to be denied admission to colleges and universities in these states and union territories. Only after the direction of the court, the University of Delhi (DU) and other colleges issue their cutoff list. In such a situation, the whole process of admission in the university is also going to be affected.